Our most popular posts of all time!
- The man behind the bottle Although he spends a large amount of his free time at the local bar, a man from Blyth, Ont. also has a hobby - helping others.
- Collision rates near Conestoga College reveal persistent traffic problems Numbers obtained through a Freedom of Information request show there have been 153 collisions near the campus since 2015.
- Cost of minor sports varies greatly BY GREG STAMPER Minor hockey, basketball, soccer and baseball all promote teamwork, fitness and friendship starting at an early age. However, as many parents throughout the world can tell you, putting yourself, or children, through sports does have a drawback. Sports cost a lot, plain and simp...
- Teenage Head 43 years in and still looking to the future Started in 1975 and still going strong, Hamilton's Teenage Head remain dedicated to their past and are inspired by their future.
- VIDEO: Cambridge man raising awareness for the homeless across Ontario Paul Tavares hopes to draw attention to the problem of homelessness by spending a week at a time in various Ontario cities as he moves closer to Ottawa.
- The world may have lost Pete Shelley but his influence lives on In the days following Shelley’s passing, local and international musicians who have been inspired by the spirit of Shelley’s music talked to Spoke News about his influence.
- Bradley Bahab: a musician in the making The 27-year-old computer programmer/analyst student at Conestoga College, better known as Tariq Musica, was inspired to pursue music by his father and grandfather.
- No justice for Tori Stafford EDITORIAL By Jessica Towriss Beaten, raped and murdered. Those are three words you never want to hear but they will haunt Tori Stafford’s family forever. Tori was only eight years old when she was abducted walking home from a school in Woodstock on April 8, 2009. She was lured away by a woman...
- Students divided over U-Pass referendum, despite official results Many students living beyond the reach of Waterloo's bus and LRT systems say they'll be stuck with paying the cost of other students' commutes. Meanwhile, the student association's president isn't commenting.
- Hawk gives woman’s small dog a free ride across county lines Paisley, a seven-year-old pomchi from the Cambridge area, was scooped up by a hawk and later found many kilometres from home, slightly sore but otherwise OK.
- University student makes crowning glories Young entrepreneur designs floral crowns to enhance a look or to help set a party theme.
- Roadside impairment testing could get a big upgrade Guard-Ex, a Waterloo-based startup with the backing of five of CBC's Dragons, is developing a foolproof device for testing all human indicators related to impairment.
- Protesters make the point that generosity can kill By Kaitlyn Mullin, Spoke News More than a dozen people protested to put an end to panhandling at the Delta intersection in Cambridge, Ont., yesterday. The goal of their protest was to send a message to not give beggars money but, instead, donate to charities that provide services to those who are...
- Bringing Billy Van back to life With a tiny museum and an upcoming biography, super fan Stacey Case and writer Greg Oliver are reawakening interest in the master of the Hilarious House of Frightenstein.
- It Takes a Village spreads a wealth of dignity and community The store, It Takes a Village, in Listowel, Ont., is making a difference. It’s similar to most thrift stores except no money is exchanged.
- Fashion ICONdors: Week of Oct. 4 This week's Fashion ICONdors: Josh Peressotti, Madison Raslovetzky, Jordan Malcolm, Taylor Holley, David Brown, Heather Aube and Jerome Zedo.
- Butch Haller set to cut a swath through The Chainsaw on Nov. 17 One of southern Ontario’s hardest working and strangest musicians, Butch Haller says he's written every song in existence.
- The Addict’s Attic, sharing a rough past in hope of a smoother future Matthew McCoy shares his experiences with opioid addiction and his prison sentence in Texas to help people struggling with drug addiction and mental health issues.