Our most popular posts of all time!
- The influence of rap music in society This in-depth look at the world of rap includes the good, the bad and the ugly.
- One inmate shares what life is like inside prison An inmate at the Grand Valley Institution for Women in Kitchener talks about being incarcerated. "Prison truly is survival of the fittest," she says.
- REVIEW: Tale of the Nine-Tailed is a fantasy romance that brings a legend to life This fantastical, mythical drama will have any viewer on the edge of their seat.
- Teenage Head 43 years in and still looking to the future Started in 1975 and still going strong, Hamilton's Teenage Head remain dedicated to their past and are inspired by their future.
- The importance of cursive writing Eliminating the teaching of cursive writing in schools may not be a good thing. In fact, studies show that cursive writing helps the brain develop neural pathways, which in turn help with dexterity and even concussions.
- Cost of minor sports varies greatly BY GREG STAMPER Minor hockey, basketball, soccer and baseball all promote teamwork, fitness and friendship starting at an early age. However, as many parents throughout the world can tell you, putting yourself, or children, through sports does have a drawback. Sports cost a lot, plain and simple. Wh...
- OPINION: How music influences our lives The music we listen to really impacts who we are as people and how we feel daily. A certain tempo and rhythm has a way of ruling over our body; if that’s in a negative or positive way. We feel music. It has a power over us.
- Gas station owner a small town treasure Harnek Grewal puts in a lot of hours at his Petro Canada station. You would expect him to be cranky, but instead, he is funny, friendly and fantastic.
- Meet the women who go beyond bars in Kitchener’s Grand Valley Institution "I see the ladies in the jail more than my own friends,” said Kate Crozier, director of programs at Community Justice Initiative in Kitchener.
- The world may have lost Pete Shelley but his influence lives on In the days following Shelley’s passing, local and international musicians who have been inspired by the spirit of Shelley’s music talked to Spoke News about his influence.
- Kitchener artist Terre Chartrand warns “you can die from exposure” The starving artist. It’s a cliché based in fact. It’s a three-word cautionary tale which deters some people from pursuing their dream of being a painter, a poet, a filmmaker, a musician or an author.
- ANALYSIS: The PPC was never meant to win a seat — just to destroy Scheer Maxime Bernier never ran in the election to win, he just wanted to get back at Andrew Scheer, former PPC executives said.
- Here are four the best wineries under 50km from Kitchener Wine has been a staple for celebrations and a fixer of bad Mondays. Now you know where the best wineries are in the Kitchener area.
- Local artist making a splash on Canada’s hip-hop scene 250 Natra hopes that the year ahead will see him break out from the local scene and the GTA to national recognition.
- Has the time come for Teenage Head? Teenage Head is still rocking packed venues more than four decades after they started.
- Nothing is off limits at X-rated show BY NATALEIGH MCCALLUM How much would you pay just to watch your friends completely embarrass themselves on stage in front of a bunch of strangers? Or better yet, hear their sex noises? Tony Lee, an X-rated hypnotist, blessed Conestoga with one of his raunchy yet entertaining shows on Nov. 20. Studen...
- Butch Haller set to cut a swath through The Chainsaw on Nov. 17 One of southern Ontario’s hardest working and strangest musicians, Butch Haller says he's written every song in existence.
- JONY is a triple threat in the local music industry Jonathan Mansilla, known as JONY, has become a triple threat in the music industry. A talented singer, songwriter and producer, JONY has opened his own recording studio and is passionate about helping others explore their creativity and musical talents.